Summer. The days of endless heat and humidity.
If you live in a part of the country that gets snow – real snow, like the kind you curse every morning when you realize you have to walk through it to dig your car out of it – then you probably spend much of the year yearning for the hot, stupidly sweaty days of summer.
And yet, it’s the best time of the year to go in for super hot sauces like Mad Dog 357 Gold Collector’s Edition Hot Sauce.
(Okay, we say that, but actually, we think all 365 days of the year is the best time for a little 357.)
There’s a little science behind that.
When you consume hot sauces:
- You trigger pain receptors that tell your brain that you’re on fire.
- Your brain reacts by directing your body’s resources to help you cope with the threat of death it feels you’re under. (Remember, you’re not actually on fire, so you’ve just played a prank on your brain.)
- Your face, then your body begins to sweat in order to ensure you remain at a safe temperature (even though you’ve not actually swallowed fire).
- Your sweat evaporates off your skin, cooling you from the inside out, all over your body.
- Your brain still doesn’t realize you’ve tricked it and orders a strong dose of endorphins, making you feel awesome.
Pretty fecking cool, right? (Pun, as sad as it is, was intended.)
This is a process you can repeat over and over again, all summer long.
And, it means you’re not stuck with salads all summer long. You can indulge in all your favorite dishes all year long, because the heat will be like water off a duck’s back when you toss a little Mad Dog into the mix.
We say, go all out with your favorite hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, and, hell, even those stews and casseroles you miss during the long days of summer. Now you can.
Make your summer cool with the hottest hot sauces you can get
Whether the hottest hot sauces cool you down or just add serious flavor and fire to your food, you know you need to stock up on the best this season, right?